Table of Contents
- 1 Exciting Challenges for IND vs PAK CWC 2023 Match
- 2 Head To Head Record of IND vs PAK in ICC World Cup matches: Challenges for IND vs PAK CWC 2023
- 2.1 1. IND vs PAK World Cup 1992: India Won by 43 Runs
- 2.2 2. IND vs PAK World Cup 1996 Quarter Finals: India Won by 39 Runs
- 2.3 3. IND vs PAK World Cup 1999 Super 6: India Won by 47 Runs
- 2.4 4. IND vs PAK World Cup 2003: India Won by 6 wickets
- 2.5 5. IND vs PAK World Cup 2011 Semi-Finals: India Won by 29 runs
- 2.6 6. IND vs PAK World Cup 2015: India Won by 76 runs
- 2.7 7. IND vs PAK World Cup 2015: India Won by 89 runs (DLS Method)
- 3 Amazing Challenges for IND vs PAK CWC 2023
Exciting Challenges for IND vs PAK CWC 2023 Match
Here are the amazing challenges of the IND vs PAK CWC 2023 Match that starts on 14th October 2023 at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad.
Millions of fans are excited to watch the upcoming blockbuster match between India and Pakistan in the ICC World Cup 2023 Tournament.
It is expected that on 14th October 2023, fans in the cricket stadium at Ahmedabad as well as other public places across the world such as Shopping malls, Restaurants, Theatres, etc. will gather in huge crowds to watch the exciting contest between both teams.
What are the exciting challenges for the IND vs PAK CWC 2023 match?
The answers to the above questions will be discussed in detail…
Head To Head Record of IND vs PAK in ICC World Cup matches: Challenges for IND vs PAK CWC 2023
India and Pakistan faced each other in the World Cup 7 times and the Indian cricket team has a clean 100% win against Pakistan in all these 7 matches creating exciting challenges for the IND vs PAK CWC 2023 match:
1. IND vs PAK World Cup 1992: India Won by 43 Runs
This was the first time India faced against Pakistan in World Cup matches at Sydney in 1992. Also, it was the first World Cup tournament for Young Sachin Tendulkar, who scored a brilliant 54 runs from 62 balls ( including 3 fours) and guided India to score 216-7 in 50 overs. In return, Pakistan was unable to chase the target by scoring 174-10 in 48.1 overs, and finally, India won their first World Cup match against Pakistan by 43 runs.
2. IND vs PAK World Cup 1996 Quarter Finals: India Won by 39 Runs
On 9th March 1996, India and Pakistan faced each other for the 2nd time in the World Cup match at Bengaluru. India batted first during the Quarter Finals and scored 287-8 in 50 overs with Navjot Singh Siddhu delivering a top performance of 93 runs from 115 balls( including 11 fours).
Pakistan were able to score only 248-9 in 49 overs and India won their 2nd World Cup match against Pakistan by 39 runs with India entering into the Semi-finals of the tournament by eliminating Pakistan.
3. IND vs PAK World Cup 1999 Super 6: India Won by 47 Runs
The Super 6 stages between India and Pakistan on 8th June 1999 at Manchester was completely dominated by India’s batting and bowling performance. India batted first and scored 227-6 in 50 overs with the top three performers namely Mohammad Azharuddin ( 59 runs from 77 balls- including 3 fours and 1 six), Rahul Dravid (61 runs from 89 balls- including 4 fours), and Sachin Tendulkar ( 45 runs from 65 balls- including 5 fours).
Pakistan failed to chase the target by scoring only 180-10 in 45.3 overs and India won their 3rd World Cup Match against Pakistan by 47 runs.
4. IND vs PAK World Cup 2003: India Won by 6 wickets
This is one of the best World Cup matches between India and Pakistan that will be remembered by many cricket fans. On 1st March 2003, Pakistan batting first at Centurion( South Africa) posted a score of 273-7 in 50 overs. India was able to chase the target with the top three performers namely Sachin Tendulkar( 98 runs from 75 balls- including 12 fours and 1 six), Yuvraj Singh (50 runs from 53 balls- including 6 fours), and Rahul Dravid ( 44 runs from 76 balls- including 2 fours).
Finally, India won their 4th World Cup match against Pakistan by 6 wickets and 26 balls remaining.
5. IND vs PAK World Cup 2011 Semi-Finals: India Won by 29 runs
After missing out on the interesting battle between both teams in ICC World Cup 2007, India and Pakistan faced each other once again during the Semi-Finals of the ICC World Cup 2011 tournament at Mohali on 30th March 2011.
India batted first and scored 260-9 in 50 overs with Sachin Tendulkar being the only top-performing batsman for his team scoring 85 runs from 115 balls (including 11 fours). However, Sachin Tendulkar fell 15 runs short to reach his 100th International century.
Pakistan could not face the strong bowling and fielding of the Indian cricket team led by MS Dhoni as they were unsuccessful in chasing the target by scoring 231-10 in 49.5 Overs.
India won their 5th World Cup Match against Pakistan by 29 runs to qualify for the finals of ICC World Cup 2011 and the rest was history…
6. IND vs PAK World Cup 2015: India Won by 76 runs
On 15th February 2015, India started the ICC World Cup 2015 by winning their 1st match of this tournament as well as their 6th World Cup match against Pakistan by 76 runs.
India posted a total of 300-7 in 50 overs against Pakistan, batting first at Adelaide. Virat Kohli scored his 2nd World Cup century against Pakistan by delivering a brilliant performance of 107 runs from 126 balls( including 8 fours).
Also, this was the 2nd highest total for India against Pakistan in World Cup matches and the first time India reached a 300-run mark against the same team in World Cup matches.
Pakistan, while chasing could manage to score only 224-10 in 47 overs and were unable to face the pitch conditions at Australia while batting 2nd at this venue. Also, the Indian team led by MS Dhoni was successful in restricting Pakistan to a low total.
7. IND vs PAK World Cup 2015: India Won by 89 runs (DLS Method)
The Indian team led by Virat Kohli and MS Dhoni as a batsman and wicket-keeper in the Playing XI proved to be one of the interesting matches between India and Pakistan in Melbourne on 16th June 2019.
India scored 336-5 in 50 overs batting first, with the Indian opening batsman Rohit Sharma playing a destructive knock of 140 runs from 113 balls (including 14 fours and 3 sixes) and KL Rahul’s supportive half-century (57 runs from 78 balls- including 3 fours and 2 sixes).
It was interesting to know that this was the highest score for India against Pakistan in World Cup matches and the 2nd time for the Indian cricket team to reach above the 300-run mark against their rivals in overall World Cup matches.
Due to heavy rains, the match was reduced to 40 overs during the 2nd innings. Pakistan was required to chase the calculated target of 302 runs under 40 overs using the DLS method. But, Pakistan was once again unsuccessful in chasing the target by scoring only 212-6 in 40 overs as they found it very challenging to face the tough bowling attack of the Indian bowlers under the pressurized situation.
India won their 7th World Cup Match against Pakistan by 89 runs using the DLS method. Also, this was the highest win margin for India against Pakistan in World Cup matches.
Amazing Challenges for IND vs PAK CWC 2023
Here are the amazing challenges for IND vs PAK CWC 2023 all you need to know about:
- Pakistan would be in a highly pressurized situation to break the World Cup Jinx against India after losing 7 matches in World Cups against the Indian cricket team since 1992.
- Indian opening batsman Shubman Gill who missed out on his first two matches of the ICC World Cup 2023 tournament against Australia and Afghanistan due to fever, is aiming to make a comeback into the Indian Playing XI. Recently, Shubman Gill was seen during the practice sessions at Ahmedabad ahead of the IND vs PAK match and many fans are hoping to watch Shubman Gill in action against Pakistan.
- It would be challenging for Pakistan to clinch the World Cup Trophy after 31 years as Pakistan was the champions of World Cup 1992.
- Rohit Sharma who scored a brilliant century of 131 runs from 84 balls in his previous match against Afghanistan, will look forward to continue with his consistent form.
- Virat Kohli who scored two back-to-back half-centuries in this tournament will be aiming to score his first century of this tournament as well as the 2nd ODI hundred against Pakistan in the World Cup.
- Teams that have played their ODI matches at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad, have witnessed a common result. It was witnessed that out of 29 ODI matches played at its venue, Teams batting first have won 16 matches, and teams chasing targets have won 13 ODI matches.
- The highest score batting 1st at this venue was 365-2 in 50 overs between South Africa and India on 27th February 2010. India couldn’t chase the highest score against South Africa at that time. But, the pitch conditions at this venue have changed, and recently, New Zealand won their 1st match of this tournament against England by chasing a target of 283 runs in just 36.1 overs.
- According to the weather forecast department, there are slight chances of rain to occur during the IND vs PAK match on 14th October 2023 at Ahmedabad.
- Probably, teams winning the toss would prefer to bowl first by chasing the targets under the lights.
- Pakistan Skipper Babar Azam, who hasn’t played a great innings in the first two winnings of Pakistan in this tournament, will try to find a way in order to get back to his form and score high runs.
- If Shubman Gill does not make it into the Indian Team Playing XI, then India has to continue with the opening pair of Rohit Sharma and Shubman Gill.
Since 1992, India has always dominated Pakistan in World Cup matches and won most of the matches in a comfortable way (Batting first- 6 matches and Batting 2nd- 1 match). India will be aiming to win against Pakistan for the 8th time in ICC World Cup tournaments as well as target to register their 3rd win of ICC World Cup 2023 tournament with their strong batting and bowling line-up.
Can India win their 8th World Cup match against Pakistan on 14th October 2023?
Will Pakistan be successful in breaking the jinx by achieving their 1st World Cup win against India?
Can rain continue to become the spoilsport of the game at Ahmedabad on 14th October?
Do we get the opportunity to watch a complete 50-over match between India and Pakistan without any interruptions and interference due to rain?
Can Shubman Gill play his 1st World Cup match against Pakistan on 14th October 2023 at Ahmedabad?
The answers to the above interesting questions will be known completely from the live match between India and Pakistan on 14th October 2023 starting from 02:00 pm IST/ 08:30 am GMT at Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad.