Are you searching for the best methods on how to Create a Blog Website using WordPress? Do you want to start your career in Blogging by creating your own website? Are you looking for the best sources of online earnings? Then, it’s the right time to start creating your Blog Website through WordPress. Starting your career in blogging can be exciting with the idea of web-based storytelling and content creation by developing your own website. In this article, we will discuss the important concepts to create a blog website using WordPress, such as:
- Introduction to WordPress
- Why should you create a blog website using WordPress?
- Important Procedures to create a Blog Website using WordPress
- Best WordPress Themes
- Important plugins to install on WordPress for free
Suppose you’re an emerging writer and desire to express your knowledge and creativity in any niche/ category of your specialization. In that case, it’s the perfect moment in your life to create a blog website using WordPress which can prove to be satisfying and enjoyable work.
Table of Contents
- 1 Introduction to WordPress
- 2 Why should you create a blog website using WordPress?
- 3 Important Procedures to create a Blog Website using WordPress
- 3.1 Step 1: Purchase your Domain and Hosting
- 3.2 Step 2: Install WordPress
- 3.3 Step 3: WordPress Dashboard
- 3.4 Step 4: Select a Theme
- 3.5 Step 5: Theme Customization
- 3.6 Step 6: Install Essential Plugins
- 3.7 Step 7: Create Important Pages
- 3.8 Step 8: Start Writing Content
- 3.9 Step 9: Ad Sense Approval
- 3.10 Step 10: Place the AdSense Code on your website
- 3.11 Create A Blog Website using WordPress: Best WordPress Themes
- 4 Create A Blog Website using WordPress: Important plugins to install on WordPress for free
- 5 Create A Blog Website using WordPress: Concluding Facts
Introduction to WordPress
WordPress is a widely accepted open-source software and in-demand Content Management System(CMS) to create your website and manage different blog posts. If you’re one among those individuals who desire to create a blog website using WordPress but do not have experience in coding, then this is the ideal platform for all your needs.
Millions of websites are created across the internet using WordPress which proves to be the best versatile and reliable platform for all users.
WordPress offers different tools and networks to customize designs, create and manage your content, integrate plugins, provide suggestions to make your content Reader-Friendly cum SEO-Friendly, and publish your content making it accessible to audiences with varying levels.
Rise of WordPress:
WordPress was co-developed by Matt Mullenweg- An American Blogger and Mike Little- A British Blogger in the year 2003. Initially, WordPress was particularly developed only to create blogs. Gradually, with the advancement of software over these years, individuals create websites for blogs and their own portfolios, smartphone applications, e-commerce websites, Memberships and Forums, e-learning websites, and many more…
The latest edition of WordPress 6.3 launched on 8th August 2023, has improved by increasing the concentration mode, advanced template preview, and superior block controls to manage your websites in a simple manner.
Why should you create a blog website using WordPress?
Are you wondering if WordPress is the perfect platform to create your own website and start your career in blogging? There are certain reasons you should know about the importance of creating your own website using WordPress, which boosts your confidence level to a higher level.
Here are the important reasons why should you create a blog website using WordPress:
You need to download WordPress from its official website completely for free. But, you need to pay for the Domain and Hosting services which will be discussed in detail.
2. Easy-to-use interface:
WordPress has been designed in such a way that you can build your website and publish high-quality content instantly with ease no matter if you’re a beginner or an experienced user.
3. Multiple Themes:
WordPress users are provided with the advantage of choosing the best attractive themes that suit their websites with the best designs and impressions. Additionally, thousands of premium themes are available for free and you can try them out absolutely for free by changing the theme with just one click.
4. Website Security:
This is one of the reasons to create a blog website on WordPress that provides a meaningful explanation. Individuals have a fear of creating a secure website with the increased cybercrime in the present era.
You can maintain peace of mind by creating your website on WordPress, which strongly secures your websites and protects you from many cybercrime activities with an attentive security team.
WordPress allows you to log out of the platform after every session, enable two-factor authentication, and provide valuable suggestions to update your plugins on a regular basis and to create a strong password.
5. SEO-Friendly Content:
Your content will appear on the search results if you have created it using WordPress. The best plugins installed on WordPress provide suggestions to make your content reader-friendly and SEO-friendly by ensuring to avoid overstuffing essential keywords.
Most of the websites created using WordPress are mobile-friendly as well as Desktop friendly. This feature enables users to edit text, and images and publish content using their smartphones.
Additionally, WordPress websites on mobile load faster which provides convenience for many users.
There are limitless benefits and features offered to create a Blog Website using WordPress and the important procedures to create your own website will be discussed in detail…
Important Procedures to create a Blog Website using WordPress
Here are the Important Procedures to be implemented in order to create a Blog Website using WordPress:
Step 1: Purchase your Domain and Hosting
Before you choose a domain name, you need to be specific about the niche in which you specialize and your target audiences.
- You need to purchase your permanent blog address – known as a Domain name that suits well with your niche and the name should be unique. For instance, if a new domain is chosen with the name“gofski” the official website after purchasing the domain will be popularly known as “www.gofski.com”
- The average cost of purchasing a domain is from $10 to 20$ per year depending upon the service provider and you need to renew the domain per year with a renewal cost from 10$ to 60$.
- If you prefer to choose a less popular name, then your domain will be less expensive.
- To ensure the best speed and performance of your website, it is mandatory to choose the best hosting service to make your website accessible across the internet.
- You can choose the monthly, Quarterly, Half-yearly, or yearly plans depending upon the service provider.
- Examples of the best Hosting services for WordPress include Hostinger, BlueHost, GoDaddy, HostGator, DreamHost, and many more…
- Hosting stores and secures your website files, databases, and other required support on servers.
- It is important to renew your hosting services regularly to keep your website running and retain your visitors as well as attract huge traffic.
Step 2: Install WordPress
You can also install WordPress by logging into your hosting control panel that installs WordPress with just a single click. This is one of the simplest and less time-consuming methods rather than installing from the official website.
Step 3: WordPress Dashboard
After the installation of WordPress, you need to log in using the credentials provided to access the dashboard. You can change and create a strong password if required. You can modify the below-mentioned settings in the dashboard:
- Number of Login Attempts
- Media Files and Uploads
- Contact Details
- Two-factor authentication
- And many more…
Step 4: Select a Theme
To create a blog website using WordPress, one of the important factors includes selecting one among the thousands of premium themes to make your website look official and attractive. Here is the simple procedure on how to select your theme and categorize information:
- Click on the “Appearance” option in the dashboard.
- You will enter the “Themes” page where you will find thousands of premium themes for free as well as featured themes
- You can select any theme and click on “Preview” to visualize your website. After you are satisfied with previewing the theme, you can click on “Install”
- Click on the “activate” button after you have installed the theme and received a notification.
- Categorize Menu
- Select the information to be displayed on the Header and Footer
- You can also assign a separate space to display the latest and trending posts according to the layout style to grab the attention of new visitors.
Step 5: Theme Customization
By using the WordPress Customizer, you can upload the logo, change the font size and shape, and Choose the best color and layout for your website after selecting a theme.
- Go to the “Appearance” option on your WordPress Admin Dashboard and choose the option “Customize”.
- Click on the “colors” section to adjust background shades as well as text and link colors.
- Select the Font style and size from the Fonts section.
Step 6: Install Essential Plugins
It is not only important to create a blog website using WordPress but also to install important plugins which is the mandatory part to ensure the best performance of your website.
Step 7: Create Important Pages
You need to create these important pages on your website such as:
- Home Page
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Terms and Conditions
- Social Media References to follow
It is mandatory to create the above pages to make your website look official and gain the trust of users.
Step 8: Start Writing Content
Once your website is ready, you can start your journey as a professional blogger by writing unique and engaging content with the installation of essential SEO plugins that suggest making your blog SEO-friendly. Additionally, you can include attractive images and videos to make your blog post much more appealing.
Step 9: Ad Sense Approval
You need to set up your account with Google AdSense for your website to enable monetization. Here are the following procedures you need to follow to set up your Google AdSense for your website:
- Visit the official website of Google Adsense
- You can click on the “Sign up” option or “Sign in” using your same or different Google account.
- To Display Ads, enter the URL of your website.
- Fill in the basic information such as:
- Country and Time-Zone
- Choose your Account Type from the two options: Individual or Business.
- Click on the option “Save and Continue” after reading the terms and conditions of Google Adsense.
***IMPORTANT NOTE***: In order to earn money using Google Adsense on your website using WordPress, you need to write at least 20 unique articles on your blog, which is the minimum criteria to be followed before you apply for Google Adsense Approval.
Google Adsense Approval takes at least 1-2 weeks and sends a confirmation about the monetization status.
After your Adsense is approved and the monetization is enabled, you need to provide certain details:
- Bank Account Details
- National ID Proof- Such as PAN card, Voter ID, etc.
- Mobile Number: To verify by sending OTP via SMS or phone call.
- Residence or Office Address.
Step 10: Place the AdSense Code on your website
You need to copy and paste the AdSense code into the HTML of your website according to the places where you want to display the ads.
Create A Blog Website using WordPress: Best WordPress Themes
There are thousands of premium themes for free out of which the most popular WordPress Themes you can use are listed below:
- Generate Press
- Morning Time Lite
- Color Blog
- Color Mag
- Ocean WP
- Hello Elementor
Create A Blog Website using WordPress: Important plugins to install on WordPress for free
It is not only important to give the utmost priority to create a blog website using WordPress, but also to know the important plugins to install on WordPress to make your website run smoothly without any interruptions.
Here are the essential plugins you need to install on WordPress for free:
- SEO Plugins: You can choose either Yoast SEO or RankMath SEO plugins to develop an increased number of SEO-friendly content on your website.
- Akismet Anti-Spam: This plugin is free for blog websites and can be used to diminish spam comments.
- WP Super Cache: The page speed of your website can be improved with this plugin by clearing the cache data.
- Google XML Sitemaps: If you are aiming to help search engines navigate your website and comprehend its structure, installing Google XML Sitemaps guides search engines to crawl and index your site appropriately.
- Monster Insights: This is one of the best plugins you need to use if you create a blog website using WordPress to estimate real-time analytics, analyze SEO reports, and track affiliate links. The free edition authorizes you to install Google Analytics, track data, dashboard to view metrics, and conduct reports.
Create A Blog Website using WordPress: Concluding Facts
After reading the above facts, you might have understood the Simple procedure on how to create a blog using WordPress and start publishing blogs to make your website eligible for monetization.
If you’re a dedicated blogger, it’s time to start creating your own blog website using WordPress and earn money through Google Adsense.