Hitman Rohit Sharma is back with another masterclass performance in IND vs AFG 9th Match CWC 2023 at Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi on 11th October 2023. The incredible batting performance of the Indian team beat Afghanistan by 8 wickets to register their 2nd win of ICC World Cup 2023.
Hitman’s special show entertained the audience to a great extent and created many impressive records which will be discussed in detail along with many interesting facts.
Table of Contents
- 1 Hitman Rohit Sharma Special Show Stuns Afghans: What was the Playing XI for the IND vs AFG 9th match CWC 2023
- 2 Hitman Rohit Sharma Special Show Stuns Afghans: Interesting Highlights of IND vs AFG 9th match CWC 2023
- 3 IND vs AFG 9th match CWC 2023: Decoding Afghanistan’s score of 272-8 in 50 Overs
- 4 IND vs AFG 9th match CWC 2023: Decoding India’s score of 273-2 in 35 overs
- 5 Hitman Rohit Sharma Special Show Stuns Afghans: Indian Cricket Team Position on Points Table
- 6 Hitman Rohit Sharma special show: Interesting Facts and Records about the IND vs AFG 9th match CWC 2023
Hitman Rohit Sharma Special Show Stuns Afghans: What was the Playing XI for the IND vs AFG 9th match CWC 2023
India Playing XI:
- Rohit Sharma (Captain): Batsman
- Ishan Kishan: Batsman and Wicket-Keeper
- Virat Kohli : Batsman
- Shreyas Iyer: Batsman
- KL Rahul: Batsman and Wicket-Keeper
- Hardik Pandya:All-rounder
- Ravindra Jadeja: All-rounder
- Shardul Thakur: All-rounder
- Kuldeep Yadav: Bowler
- Jasprit Bumrah: Bowler
- Mohammed Siraj: Bowler
Afghanistan Playing XI:
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz : Batsman and Wicket-Keeper
- Ibrahim Zadran: Batsman
- Rahmat Shah: Batsman
- Hashmatullah Shahidi (Captain): Batsman
- Najibullah Zadran: Batsman
- Mohammad Nabi: Allrounder
- Azmatullah Omarzai: Allrounder
- Rashid Khan:Allrounder
- Mujeeb Ur Rahman: Bowler
- Naveen-ul-Haq: Bowler
- Fazalhaq Farooqi: Bowler
After surveying the above playing XI of IND vs AFG 9th Match CWC 2023, here are the interesting facts to know:
- Both Afghanistan and India played with the best combination of 3-all rounders,
- India played with a combination of both wicket-keepers: Ishan Kishan and KL Rahul, whereas Australia decided to play with only a single wicket-keeper: Rahmanullah Gurbaz.
- Afghanistan bowling attacks included a combination of 3-fast and 3 spin bowlers( including the all-rounders). On the other side, the Indian Bowling attack included a combination of 4 fast bowlers and 2 spin bowlers.
Hitman Rohit Sharma Special Show Stuns Afghans: Interesting Highlights of IND vs AFG 9th match CWC 2023
Afghanistan captain Hashmatullah Shahidi chose to bat first after winning the toss at Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi with the confidence that their bowlers can restrict the Indian batsmen from chasing the target.
Also, a high-scoring game was previously experienced by both the teams in the SA vs SL 4th match CWC 2023 Tournament at the same venue.
Afghanistan’s batting during 1st innings managed to face the fierce bowling attack of the Indian bowlers after losing 3 wickets of their top three batsmen Ibrahim Zadran (22 runs from 28 balls- including 4 fours) at 21-1 in 6.4 overs, Rahmanullah Gurbaz (21 runs from 28 balls- including 3 fours and 1 six) at 63-2 in 12.4 overs, and Rahmat Shah ( 16 runs from 22 balls- including 3 fours) at 63-3 in 13.1 overs.
The 121-run partnership between Afghanistan skipper Hashmatullah Shahidi( 80 runs from 88 balls- including 8 fours and 1 six) and Azmatullah Omarzai (62 runs from 69 balls- including 2 fours and 4 sixes) ensured Afghanistan reached a decent total of 272-8 in 50 overs.
Here are the excellent bowling figures of the Indian bowlers in IND vs AFG 9th match CWC 2023:
- Jasprit Bumrah’s excellent spell of 39-4 in 10 overs.
- Kuldeep Yadav’s supporting spell of 40-1 in 10 overs– includes Hashmatullah Shahidi( 80 runs from 88 balls
- Hardik Pandya’s bowling performance of 43-2 in 7 overs.
- Both Shardul Thakur (31-1 in 6 overs) and Kuldeep Yadav ( 40-1 in 10overs) are the Indian bowlers who each took a wicket of the Afghanistan Batsmen.
India Batting: Hitman Rohit Sharma special show to be known
The Indian team improved from the mistakes of the previous match of IND vs AUS 5th match CWC 2023 tournament, as the Indian skipper cum opening batsman Rohit Sharma decided to start the 2nd innings in a destructive mode against the Afghanistan bowlers.
The 156-run partnership between Rohit Sharma and Ishan Kishan seemed to be a threat for the Afghanistan bowlers which included Ishan Kishan’s supportive and steady knock of 47 runs from 47 balls (including 5 fours and 2 sixes). But, it was Hitman Rohit Sharma’s special show all the way that entertained the audience to a great extent with his aggressive batting style against Afghanistan.
Also, this is the 19th inning of Rohit Sharma in the World Cup. To make his 19th innings much more special and entertaining, the Hitman reaches a 1000-run mark which is the fewest by any Batsmen following the Australian Batsmen David Warner.
Additionally, Rohit Sharma surpasses the record of former West Indies Cricketer Chris Gayle by becoming the highest number of sixes hit by any batsman in the history of cricket.
Rohit Sharma reached his half-century in just 30 balls, playing it like a T20I game, and guided India to score a powerplay score of 94-0 in the first 10 overs of the match.
Rohit Sharma scored his fastest ODI century (100 runs from 63 balls) in World Cup matches– his first 50 runs coming off from just 30 deliveries and the remaining 50 runs from just 33 deliveries.
Rohit Sharma was finally dismissed by Rashid Khan at 205-2 in 25.4 overs of the match after playing a destructive knock of 131 runs from 84 balls, which included 16 fours and 5 sixes.
Though Rashid Khan took the important wickets of Ishan Kishan and Rohit Sharma, it was too late as the intense damage had been done by the Hitman- Rohit Sharma against Afghanistan. Rohit Sharma ensured to establish a comfortable run chase for his team with just 68 runs required for India to win the match with 24.2 overs.
Virat Kohli continued with his brilliant form following the previous match by maintaining a 68-run partnership with Shreyas Iyer in a comfortable run chase set by the Indian skipper Rohit Sharma.
Virat Kohli finished off the match in style by striking a four and scored a clever knock of 55 runs from 56 balls (including 6 fours), thereby leading his team to a relaxing 8-wicket win by scoring 273-2 in 35 overs with 90 balls to spare.
IND vs AFG 9th match CWC 2023: Decoding Afghanistan’s score of 272-8 in 50 Overs
Here is the detailed breakdown of Afghanistan’s 1st innings score of 282-10 in 50 overs split into 10 overs intervals:
- 0 to 10 overs: 48-1
- 10 to 20 overs: 35-2 ( Afghanistan’s score at 20 overs: 83-3)
- 20 to 30 overs: 64-0( Afghanistan’s score at 30 overs: 147-3)
- 30 to 40 overs: 64-1( Afghanistan’s score at 40 overs: 211-4)
- 40 to 50 overs: 61-4( Afghanistan’s score at 49.3 overs: 272-8)
From the above analysis, Afghanistan scored a maximum number of 64 runs in between 20 to 30 overs as well as 30 to 40 overs by losing 1 wicket. On the other side, Afghanistan scored their minimum of 48 runs in the first 10 overs of the powerplay by losing 1 wicket. Additionally, Afghanistan managed to score only 61 runs in the last 10 overs by losing a maximum of 4 wickets.
IND vs AFG 9th match CWC 2023: Decoding India’s score of 273-2 in 35 overs
Here is the breakdown of India’s 2nd innings score of 273-2 in 35 overs split into 10 overs intervals:
- 0 to 10 overs: 94-0
- 10 to 20 overs: 70-1( India’s score at 20 overs: 164-1)
- 20 to 30 overs: 73-1( India’s score at 30 overs: 237-2)
- 30 to 40 overs: 36-0( India’s score at 35 overs: 273-2)
From the above facts, India scored a maximum number of 94-0 in the first 10 overs of the powerplay which is almost double the score of Afghanistan’s powerplay score of 48-1 in 10 overs.
Hitman Rohit Sharma Special Show Stuns Afghans: Indian Cricket Team Position on Points Table
Here is the ranking of the Indian cricket team on the points table of the ICC World Cup 2023 tournament after the entertaining match of IND vs AFG 9th match CWC 2023:
|Ranking||Teams||Matches Played||Matches Won||Matches Lost||Matches Tied||NO RESULT||Points Scored after winning every match||Net-Run-Rate(NRR)|
After the events of the IND vs AFG 9th match CWC 2023, the Indian cricket team ranks at the 2nd position of the points table.
***IMPORTANT NOTE***: The position of each team may change regularly depending on the result in the upcoming matches.
Hitman Rohit Sharma special show: Interesting Facts and Records about the IND vs AFG 9th match CWC 2023
Here are many interesting Records from this match as well as the extraordinary records Rohit Sharma broke during IND vs AUS 5th match CWC 2023 at Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi
- Rohit Sharma beats the record of former West Indies cricketer Chris Gayle (553 international sixes) by hitting the most number of Sixes ( *556 international sixes… ), which is the highest by any batsman in the history of cricket and the Hitman promises to strike more number of sixes in upcoming international matches- Tests, ODIs and T20Is.
- Rohit Sharma surpasses the record of former Australian skipper Ricky Ponting (30 ODI centuries) in this match by achieving his 31st ODI hundred against Afghanistan.
- The score of 272-8 in 50 overs is Afghanistan’s 2nd highest score against any opposition in the World Cup.
- The 121-run partnership between Hashmatullah Shahidi( 80 runs from 88 balls) and Azmatullah Omarzai (62 runs from 69 balls) is the 2nd highest partnership for Afghanistan against their opponents in the World Cup.
- Rohit Sharma reaches his 1000-run mark in 19th innings of the World Cup matches equalling the record of Australian opening Batsman David Warner.
- Rohit Sharma scored 1,108 runs by becoming the 3rd Indian batsman to score maximum runs in the World Cup following Sachin Tendulkar( 2,278 runs) and Virat Kohli (*1170 runs). There is a slight difference of 62 runs between Rohit Sharma and Virat Kohli and it would be interesting who would outperform by scoring maximum ODI runs in this World Cup as well as other upcoming ODI series.
- Indian skipper Rohit Sharma scored 7 centuries in the World Cup and surpassed the records of Sachin Tendulkar (6 centuries in the World Cup)
- Rohit Sharma is the 3rd highest batsman to achieve the maximum number of ODI centuries (*31 ODI hundreds) following Sachin Tendulkar (49 ODI centuries) and Virat Kohli (*47 ODI centuries).
- Indian opener Rohit Sharma is the 5th fastest Indian Batsman to score the most instantaneous century for India in ODI matches (reached 100 within 63 balls)
- Rohit Sharma is the 6th fastest batsman to score the quickest century in World Cup matches.
- Rohit Sharma holds the record for 2nd most ODI hundreds as an opening batsman (29 ODI centuries) following Sachin Tendulkar (45 ODI hundreds).
- The 156-run partnership between Rohit Sharma and Ishan Kishan is the 5th Highest opening partnership for India in World Cup matches.
- Shreyas Iyer hits the highest six of this tournament (101 meters), whereas Rohit Sharma strikes the 2nd biggest six of this tournament (95 meters).
- This is the 5th time India successfully chased a target against its opposition at this venue.
- The target of 273 runs in 50 overs, is the 4th highest target chased successfully by India against their opponents in World Cup matches.
- Rohit Sharma scores the 2nd highest individual score (76 runs) in the first 10 overs of the powerplay following the former New Zealand Batsman Brendon McCullum (77 runs in the first 10 overs of the powerplay) in a World Cup innings.
- India maintained their highest run rate of 7.8 while chasing the target of 273 runs against Afghanistan, which is the highest for the Indian cricket team in World Cup matches against its opponents.
- Rohit Sharma scores the most number of ODI hundreds while chasing targets against the opposition teams in World Cup innings.
- Rohit Sharma records the 5th highest score (131 runs) of an individual batsman while chasing targets in World Cup matches and surpasses the record of Sachin Tendulkar (*127 runs against Kenya in 1996).
- Also, 94-0 is the 2nd highest powerplay score for India in World Cup matches.
- Rohit Sharma is the 2nd Indian Batsman as a captain to hit a century in World Cup matches following the former Indian skipper Kapil Dev.
From the above facts and records, the maximum records comprise of Indian Skipper Rohit Sharma after playing a fierce knock of 131 runs from 84 balls that broke many records.
If Rohit Sharma continues with his consistent form throughout the ICC World Cup 2023 tournament, it is confirmed that the Hitman- Rohit Sharma will entertain audiences by breaking the records of many legendary cricketers in the upcoming matches.