Table of Contents
- 1 Is FIVERR a Boon or Bane to Freelancers?
- 2 What is FIVERR and its rise in Freelancing Platforms?
- 3 Is Fiverr a Boon or Bane to Freelancers: What are the different types of skills available to work on Fiverr?
- 4 How to create your profile as a freelancer on FIVERR?
- 5 Number of Gigs you can create on Fiverr as a freelancer: Is Fiverr a Boon or Bane to Freelancers?
- 6 What are the commonly asked questions related to freelancing on Fiverr: Is Fiverr a Boon or Bane to Freelancers?
- 7 Opportunities and Challenges of Fiverr as a Freelancer: Is Fiverr a Boon or Bane to Freelancers?
- 8 How to Withdraw your earnings on Fiverr as a freelancer?
- 9 Concluding Facts: Is FIVERR a Boon or Bane to Freelancers?
Is FIVERR a Boon or Bane to Freelancers?
Freelancing has changed the working patterns of individuals which have emerged as one of the reliable sources of income and the finest career opportunities for individuals across the globe. The advancement of online platforms in the modern era has provided the flexibility for individuals to work in the comfort of their own location and prefer to work according to their preferred timings to maintain a perfect balance between their professional and personal lives.
If you decide to start or switch your career to freelancing, FIVERR stands out as the most reputed and widely used platform that improves the connection of freelancers with clients. Before you start your career as a freelancer on FIVERR, let us scrutinize more profoundly into the debate about the common query “Is Fiverr a Boon or Bane to Freelancers” along with important facts such as:
- What is Fiverr and its rise in Freelancing Platforms?
- What are the different types of skills available to work on Fiverr?
- How to create your profile on Fiverr as a freelancer?
- Number of Gigs you can create on Fiverr as a freelancer
- What are the commonly asked questions related to freelancing on Fiverr?
- Opportunities and Challenges of Using Fiverr as a Freelancer
- How to Withdraw your earnings on Fiverr as a freelancer?
Let us delve deeper into the world of FIVERR by starting from scratch…
What is FIVERR and its rise in Freelancing Platforms?
FIVERR is one of the most safest and secure freelancing platforms to connect freelancers with clients by showcasing their skills through the building blocks known as “FIVERR Gigs”.
Freelancers are known as “Sellers” on Fiverr and clients are recognized as “Buyers”. Sellers can attract buyers by making attractive gigs representing their best services and you can sell your gig for the price with a starting price range of 5$ if you are a beginner.
Also, you can quote higher prices for your gigs based on the high quality of work provided and the consistency in delivering the order on time.
Especially, after the emergence of COVID-19 in the year 2020, many individuals across the world began losing their jobs and had to find an alternative source of income to make a living. During this time, millions of individuals have entered the world of Fiverr by making freelancing their full-time career and having a perfect life balance during the lockdown situations.
Once you step into the world of FIVERR as a freelancer and start receiving orders from your clients, you can make substantial earnings on this platform as a freelancer.
Rise of Fiverr as a Freelancing Platform
Fiverr was co-founded by Micha Kaufman and Shai Wininger in the year 2010 to provide a trustable source of income through this digital platform. The concept behind introducing a freelancing platform like Fiverr includes introducing an online marketplace where buyers and sellers collaborate to complete the work in exchange for payment.
By the year 2012, Fiverr provided the opportunity of self-employment for more than 3 million individuals, who had established their careers as successful freelancers on this platform.
During these 2 years( from 2010 to 2012), Fiverr has enabled a transaction for more than 1.3 million transactions between clients and freelancers.
Within 10 years ( from 2010 to 2020), Fiverr has generated more than 50 million successful transactions with freelancers working from 160 different countries, which proved to be a secure and trusted platform all over the world.
Is Fiverr a Boon or Bane to Freelancers: What are the different types of skills available to work on Fiverr?
Compared to other freelancing platforms, Fiverr offers different types of skills for freelancers. The different types of skills offered encourage freelancers to deliver premium-quality work and improve their talent in a particular occupation.
Here are the different types of skills you can work on Fiverr as a freelancer and make your living by earning a significant income:
- Graphics and Design:
- Logo Design and Creating a Brand Identity
- Website and Apps Design
- Printing Design- Brochures and Posters
- Art and sketch- Children’s comic books, Tattoo designs, etc
- Design- Packaging and label design, Book Cover, T-shirt logo design, etc.
- Product and Gaming- Industrial products and gaming designs
- And many more…
- Programming and Technology:
- Website development
- Software development and Testing
- Mobile Applications development for IOS and Android
- Website designing and maintenance
- Video game development for PC and smartphones
- Online coding lessons
- AI development and chatbots
- And many more…
- Digital Marketing:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media Marketing
- Marketing strategies
- Music promotions
- Marketing advice by providing important lessons
- And many more…
- Videos and Animations:
- Video editing and visual effects
- Social Media and commercial video editing
- Videographers for social media content and filmography
- Animated videos and logos
- Editing trailers of games, movies, and web series
- And many more…
- Writing and Translations:
- Writing Articles and Blog posts
- Editing AI-generated content
- E-book writing and editing
- Translation services for various languages
- Resume Writing
- Creative story writings
- And many more…
- Music and Audio:
- Online Music Lessons
- Mixing and Mastering
- Audio editing and vocal tuning
- Session Musicians familiar with different musical instruments
- Beat Making and DJ mixing
- Music for meditation
- And many more…
- Business plans and registration
- Business Consulting
- Lead Generation
- Product and Project Management
- Accounting and Book-Keeping
- Interview Preparation -Best Tips and Tricks to crack any interviews
- Tax consultation
- Event Management
- And many more…
- Data Entry
- Data Tying and scraping
- Machine Learning
- Data Processing
- Data Analytics
- Managing Databases
- Data Engineering
- And many more…
- Photographers in various fields such as Food, Products, Lifestyle and Fashions, Scenic, and real-life photographers.
- And many more…
- AI services:
- Data Annotations
- AI applications and integrations
- ChatGPT applications
- AI music videos and photography
- AI websites
- Concept-based Lessons related to AI
- And many more…
How to create your profile as a freelancer on FIVERR?
Here is the step-by-step procedure you need to follow to create your profile as a freelancer on Fiverr:
Step 1: Sign-Up
You should visit the official website of Fiverr to sign up using your e-mail address and create a strong password. Also, you can sign up using your Google, Apple, or Facebook account.
Step 2: Profile
In the profile section displayed in the top-right corner, you need to complete your profile setup by :
- selecting your original profile picture
- Your name
- Detailed description of the services you offer on this platform.
- Mention your language proficiency and skills.
***IMPORTANT NOTE***: You should upload your original profile picture that represents a clear image of yourself to successfully pass through the ID verification process of Fiverr when required.
Step 3: Set Up your Two-Step Verification
This includes verification methods through your e-mail address and mobile number for secured protection of your Fiverr account.
Step 4: Create and Publish Gigs
After creating your seller account on Fiverr, it’s time to showcase your skills and attract clients by creating Gigs on Fiverr by including the important details such as:
- Create your gig title specifying your skills in a particular specialization
- Mention the price for the services offered and the delivery time of any order
- Write a proper description within 1,200 words such that the client gains confidence by reading through your content.
- Provide your sample works (If available)
- Publish Your Gig and it will be available to various sellers worldwide.
Number of Gigs you can create on Fiverr as a freelancer: Is Fiverr a Boon or Bane to Freelancers?
The number of gigs you can create depends upon various levels of sellers according to Fiverr’s requirements such as:
- New Seller: If you’re a new seller, then you can create up to a maximum number of 7 Gigs.
- Level 1 Seller: If you have been upgraded to Level 1 Seller, you can create up to a maximum number of 10 Gigs.
- Level 2 Seller: You can create up to 20 Gigs if you have been promoted to the next level.
- Top-Rated Seller: If you’re promoted as a Top-rated seller, you can create up to a maximum number of 30 Gigs.
However, qualifying for each level on Fiverr requires sincere hard work and dedication from Freelancers, as it takes a lot of time and effort to gain a reputation on this platform.
Here are the frequently asked questions by most of the freelancers such as:
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of Fiverr?
- What are the benefits and challenges of freelancing?
- What are the risks of using Fiverr?
- Is it hard to be successful on Fiverr?
- Is Fiverr good to start with as a beginner freelancer?
- Can you actually make money on Fiverr?
- Is Fiverr worth it for freelancers?
- Is Fiverr good for Indian freelancers?
- Is Fiverr worth it for beginners?
The answers to the above questions will be discussed in detail by proving the fact “Is Fiverr a Boon or Bane to Freelancers”?
Opportunities and Challenges of Fiverr as a Freelancer: Is Fiverr a Boon or Bane to Freelancers?
Is Fiverr a Boon or Bane to freelancers? The answer to this most commonly asked question will be discussed by explaining the opportunities and challenges of Fiverr as a freelancer.
- Protected Payments: Fiverr eliminates the threat of non-payment for freelancers after delivering their work. Also, Fiverr ensures a verification process before you withdraw your funds by SMS (sends OTP via SMS) and phone call (OTP via call) through the registered mobile number.
- Multiple Services: There are several niches on Fiverr that provide multiple opportunities for freelancers to work and gain income as well as experience in various fields.
- Worldwide Reaching: Once you have published your gig, your services and skills will be shown to various clients across the globe within Fiverr.
- Constant Work Flow: Once you start receiving orders, over a certain period of time, your orders get increased on Fiverr by ensuring a constant workflow and regular payouts for freelancers on Fiverr.
- Unlimited source of income: If you’re a regular employee working in any company, you will get a fixed salary per month no matter how much extra work you perform. Whereas, if you’re a freelancer there is no fixed income or salary as you may earn extra compared to your previous earnings based upon the additional work you perform.
- User-Friendly interface: Fiverr is designed in a simple way so that beginners, as well as experienced users, can work on this platform without any complex issues being faced.
- Building your own Brand: You can build your own brand and gain a personal reputation with an increased number of positive reviews and ratings that help you attract more orders from genuine clients.
- Flexibility to work: You can work according to the comfort of your location and your desired time to maintain a perfect life balance, thereby offering one of the best and most secured remote jobs for many individuals.
- Improvement in Talents: Once you start working on Fiverr, your talent and creativity get improvised with the completion of every order leading you to gain new experiences.
- Fiverr Subscription: This is one of the new features available for sellers. If you have already worked with a client and delivered an order, you can offer a subscription with special discounts for your clients by selecting the number of days and orders. If your client agrees to this subscription offer, you can start working on a regular basis. This helps you to build your profile with the timely completion of orders and increases the chances of getting new work.
- High Competition Platform: Generally, Fiverr has a huge competition and after the COVID-19 situation, the number of users has increased on this platform which makes it challenging for beginners to gain their 1st order. Fiverr is favorable only for freelancers who have established their reputation on this platform for many years.
- Spam Clients: There are most number of clients who offer work by sending personal messages that include their telegram username. You should be aware of the fact that Fiverr never encourages to work clients and freelancers outside its platforms. Also, you should be careful with the spam clients who promise you to offer work via telegram.
- Difficulty in getting orders: If you’re starting as a freelancer on Fiverr, it is difficult to get your 1st order from genuine clients which may take up to several weeks or months. You need to be in a positive mode and have patience to succeed on Fiverr.
- Service Fees: Fiverr charges a service fee for the completion of every order. This indicates that you may not get the full amount you have mentioned on your gig and reduces the earnings of every freelancer.
- Clearing Period: Fiverr has a strict policy of a 14-day clearing period. This means that freelancers can withdraw their earnings after 14 days of completing each order. Whereas, top-rated sellers can withdraw their funds within 7 days. This is a major disadvantage as you cannot withdraw your funds instantly.
- Low-Paying Services: Often, clients look for freelancers who quote a lesser price on their gig. If you’re a new freelancer, you need to quote with a low budget of 5$ until you gain a strong reputation and stable income on Fiverr which could be a time-consuming and challenging task.
- Dependent users: New freelancers who solely depend upon a single platform such as Fiverr may face hard times as there may be dry periods where they won’t be receiving orders. Also, for users who have completed their 1st order, it becomes difficult for them to gain consistent orders from clients.
How to Withdraw your earnings on Fiverr as a freelancer?
After you complete an order, you will be paid automatically with a certain tax amount deducted per order, and after the 14-day clearing period of each order, you will be able to withdraw funds from Fiverr. Here are the different withdrawal methods on Fiverr along with the limits you need to know:
- Paypal: The minimum withdrawal limit is 1$ if you’re a PayPal user and you will receive funds within 1 day.
- Credit/ Debit Card users: This feature is available in India. The minimum withdrawal limit is 30$ and you will receive funds in up to 7 days.
- Fiverr Revenue Cards: This includes setting up your credit/ debit cards or Payoneer account. The minimum withdrawal limit includes 30$ and you will receive the amount up to 7 working days. This feature is not available in Russia and India
- Bank Transfers: This feature is supported only for some countries with a minimum withdrawal limit of 20$ for users within the U.S.A and 30$ for users outside the U.S.A. However, this feature is not applicable to users within India.
Concluding Facts: Is FIVERR a Boon or Bane to Freelancers?
Is Fiverr a Boon or Bane to Freelancers- The concluding answers for all freelancers!
Fiverr can prove to be a boon for freelancers if they optimize their gigs with an engaging title and include important SEO keywords to rank on the platform and appear on search engines. At the same time, Fiverr can prove to be a bane for new freelancers who haven’t received their 1st order on this platform or are not able to get consistent orders despite completing their 1st order. Sometimes, it can be frustrating as a freelancer to have patience and succeed on Fiverr if you do not have any alternative sources of income
If you are a new freelancer on Fiverr, just remember one thing many successful freelancers on Fiverr who are earning a regular and substantial income, might have faced the same issues during their beginning stages.
You need to follow one simple formula to achieve success on Fiverr: ” Learn From Your Failures and Keep Trying Until You Succeed”